Friday 14 May 2010

Freebies, freebies, freebies…

I am a sucker for gift with purchase style promotions, be it magazines, BOGOFs, 3 for 2’s, whatever it usually temps me in. Today’s shopping trip was no exception.
The first freebie I was on the hunt for, one I am sure you have heard about, was the free Nails Inc polish in Boots, with 2 bottles of diet Coke. This is such a good offer because Nails Inc normally retails at around £10. The thing is, I’m not really a fan of diet coke, I love the regular stuff, and am even partial to a bit of the coke zero, but diet always seems to taste off to me, especially from a bottle. However, for a free nail polish, I can deal. The other thing is, I don’t really like Nails Inc polishes. They always seem to come off streaky and very hard to get opaque. I usually pick them up free with a magazine, but am not overly fussed.
That said however, being the shallow thing that I am, I had to check out the polishes, and especially London, as it was causing such hype in the blogosphere. I happily picked up my 2 bottles of diet coke, and the polish from the stand and went on my way.

Now, the formulation on this one seems different to other Nails Inc polishes I have tried. It is opaque with one coat, and the colour is rich and creamy. I absolutely love it!
Colour wise, maybe not unique, as it looks very similar to the polish being given away in InStyle this month, and other companys have similar shades. This does not make it any less loveable though, and is a difficult colour to describe, a nude, greyish beige with a hint of purple undertones? It does come out pretty identical to the colour you see in the bottle.
I might just force myself to pop into Boots, and check out the other shades. The purple one looks delicious!
What are your thoughts on Nails Inc?
K xx

No comments: