Friday 4 June 2010

Dying hair…

I have a love/hate relationship with hair dye. When I was in college I started lightening my hair as it had gradually got darker without my summer sun holidays and I loved being blonde. My roots now come through a medium ashy blonde, but I prefer it being light and bright, so I plonk a little dye on it. This makes me happy, but I know it is damaging my hair. My hair is very dry because of this.
I try to do what I can to keep it healthy so I can carry on dying it, and also try to leave it as long as possible between colourings. The trouble is I cannot stand to see any roots. I think it is especially bad because I am short, and everyone is taller than me so they can see my roots really easy. Also it can make it look as though I have greasy hair.
The point of this post? I’m not really sure. I wish I could find a solution. I wouldn’t want to be without my blonde hair, but I cannot stand to see the damage.
Anways, I normally use Nice N Easy, but saw the Perfect 10 on sale half price at the supermarket so decided to try it. Its the one with the comb. I really enjoyed using this, and the colour has turned out nice. I did struggle with the comb at certain angles, but it was nothing major. I have never dyed my own hair before, so this was an achievement and a major success of the product!
It only takes 10 minutes before it is time to wash it out. I love this because in my head the less time its on there = less damage, and also, I am quite impatient!

 











I love the colour! Now to work on getting some moisture in that hair!
Do you have any solutions for dry/colour damaged hair?
K xx

No comments: