Thursday 18 February 2010

My new love moisturiser: Skin MD natural


I have recently been trying out a product that has worked wonders for my skin, so I thought I would share it with you. The cold weather is no good for my skin, and along with the effects of central heating and chemicals, my skin, especially on my hands, tends to suffer. The worst thing for me is to get sore skin around my fingers, and that’s exactly what happens. I always find you never realise how much you use something, until it is painful to do so.
In my water marbling post, people commented on the sore skin on my finger, and it was very painful! It was a bit gross but here is a reminder:

This is not a good advert, and no one wants to see that! I had been using my usual moisturisers, but nothing seemed to help, and it was driving me crazy. Nothing made my hands feel better, and nothing prevented more dry skin. 

Thankfully I was contacted by Cat at Skin MD Natural, and introduced to their product. I tried it out and was pleased to find it cleared up my hands, leaving them feeling soft, moisturised and protected. It was lovely to find I could remove my nail varnish without pain when getting product in the sore areas. I know this sounds a bit dramatic, but if you have experienced this I am sure you can understand.

It wasn’t until I started using Skin MD Natural that I realised how ineffective my other products have been. After using other products, my hands felt greasy. I’m sure you have experienced the annoying feeling of not being able to grip anything after using moisturiser. You don’t get that with this product, and this is probably the thing I love the most about Skin MD Natural. You can tell you have applied the product, you can feel something refreshing on your skin, but it is just like having perfectly smooth skin, it doesn’t affect your ability to use your hands for the next hour like other products, but still manages to feel nourished. You can see my skin has cleared up in my latest posts.

When I went away for the weekend, just taking my travel beauty bag, I was disappointed to find  I didn't have my Skin MD Natural! I honestly think I was having withdrawal symptoms. My skin really missed it and couldn’t wait to get home to start using it again. Whilst the sore patches didn't return, my skin needed some TLC. Now I keep the bottle permanently in my handbag!

My Mum has very dry hands, and most products irritate her skin, however she found she could use this product with no problems, probably due to the natural base!  We both found this great to use on our face and hands! I love using it on my face also, it is not too thick to use before makeup. I love the cooling  and refreshed feeling it gives. When I apply it to my face it makes my skin feel so healthy that I am happy to leave my face like that and add minimal makeup. I have not tried it on my body, but that is mainly because I am trying to use up my other body butters before they expire.

There are lots of sciencey reasons why this product works and you can read more about that on the company website.  Basically, this is a shielding lotion, and works with your body to provide moisture to your skin.
I also think it is important to note a few facts about the company. It is always nice to find a product you love, that works well, but it is a bonus when you genuinely like the company. The first thing I noticed about Skin MD Natural was the fact they do not test on animals. This always makes the product even better in my opinion.

As summer approaches I think this will be great to use with a pedicure, and finally, I can’t wait to try the formula with sun protection in. I think this will be perfect for the summer!

K xx

Note: I was sent this product for free, however this does not affect my opinion on the product. I genuinely love it, and will be purchasing another bottle, as well as one for my mum!

No comments: