Tuesday 9 February 2010

Kerastase: Ciment Thermique


This is the real star among the Kerastase products I purchased. Ciment Thermique is a heat activated, reconstructing milk. It protects the hair, and also reinforces and strengthens hair, as all Kerastase products do. I was a bit shocked by the idea of this working with heat to smooth and strengthen the hair, and couldn't get my head round it at first. The first few times I used the Kerastase I skipped out on this product as I didn’t want to use heat on my hair, and was still impressed with the finishing results without this product.

When I finally gave in and styled my hair for a night out I knew this product was a must. I used the Bain de Force and Ciment Anti-usure, as I normally do, and then applied the Ciment Thermique to towel dried hair working from the ends upwards. I concentrated on the ends as these are the most damaged and need most protection, plus I didn’t want to weigh down the hair at my scalp. I massaged this into my hair and then combed with a wide tooth comb. 

I let my hair dry about 75% before blow drying, using a barrel brush to style.  This left my hair soft and sleek, I could have left it like this if I wanted, my hair never looks that good after a blow dry! I did want to finish it off, and see how it worked with my straighteners, so I finished it off by straightening some of the bottom and top layers. 

The Ciment Thermique really makes all the difference. I was impressed before, but this really was the icing on the cake. My hair looked and felt absolutely gorgeous. It no longer had that dry texture I had experienced previously when styling. Every hair stayed in place, and I can’t keep my hands out of it! It is so shiny and nourished after use of this product. 

This is a leave in product and I have been told that this lasts for a few washes, so you don’t need to reapply after every wash (that’s great, the less you need to use the better considering the price). Just to be sure my hair was well protected I did have a quick spritz of my Tresseme heat protector before styling, but I am sure this is not needed, and barely adds any protection at all.

The fragrance of this product is different to the other products I have tried in the resistance range. It is much more of a citrus smell, and is quite strong, but I really like it. It is fresh and clean but not over powering in your hair.

I don’t know if it is the combination of the products, and would love to try how these products work on there own in combination with other products. If you can only get one product, for me this would be it. I will keep going on using all products in combination, but as I start to run out and my hair strengthens I will try mixing the Ciment Thermique to see how it works with a more purse friendly shampoo. Of course I will let you know, and would love your thoughts on this.

K x

1 comment:

Liza said...

Thank you for your information, I think to try this product )