Sunday 27 September 2009

Just a quick thought…

Have you ever noticed the awful smell that comes from mascara? I was applying my mascara the other day, using Maybelline lash stiletto, and somehow got the wand too close to my nose and realised how horrible and chemically it smelt. I had never noticed this before (probably because I don’t make a habit of sniffing mascara?). This led to an investigation involving me smelling all my mascara. It was not a pleasant experience, and I can confirm they all smell quite disgusting, although some worse than the others.

So whilst I am not expecting my mascara to smell of rose petals, or vanilla, this revelation did get me thinking about the amount of chemicals I am piling on my face and body everyday. I can’t say that this is going to make me stop, but it has made me seriously think about it. Anyone have any good natural product reccomendations? The ones I have tried so far have not been the best, and certainly are no competition for my current products.

Has anything made you question the price of beauty?

K x

No comments: