Wednesday 31 March 2010

Mad as a Hatter!

There has been a lot of fuss on Twitter recently about OPI's polish Mad As A Hatter. I bought this on eBay a while ago quite cheap (for UK prices anyways), but have had the beautiful bottle sitting on my desk untouched since. This week I decided to do a little experiment with it. Noting that it had varied colour glitters in it, I decided to experiment with base colours to see how it affected the overall look.
Here you can see all the colours in the polish


I decided to try Mad as a Hatter, over white, pink, blue and purple. I think I like it best over purple, although I was pleased to find the glitter was condensed, and pretty enough to be used on its own.

click to enlarge
You can see in this picture how the base colour affects the prominent glitter colour. I love this polish more than any glitter I have ever tried. Your nails do kind of look disco bally but its not such a bad thing because of all the different colours in it. It is so much prettier in real life, the sparkle is amazing.
In terms of wear, I wore it for 3 days at work, and noticed slight chipping on my pointer finger, but nothing major. I didn't use a top coat so was not overly upset by this, although it did start to flake on my pinkie finger (the one with no base colour) by day 4.

Whilst I was at it I decided to film how I remove glitter nail polish. Some people have problems with this and it puts them off wearing it. There will be a post on this soon =)

I am so glad I got this polish when I did, as it is hard to find on eBay now, although I do think this is one OPI polish I would be willing to pay the £10 UK price tag for.

Have you tried this polish? How did you wear it?

K x

No comments: