Friday 12 March 2010

Essential Nails: Acrylic Course

I recently bought an Essential Nails course from eBay. I have had my eye on these for a while, as I’d love to learn to do acrylic and gel nails on myself. It would save a whole lot of money for special occasions. Having never even had them done at a salon I didn’t have the first clue about how to do them. When I saw the nail trainer for sale on eBay I thought this would be my perfect chance to practice creating acrylic nails.
On the day I finally decided to place a bid on one of the nail trainers, I noticed that there was a full course available for not much more in price. I decided to place a bid, and actually won the course. I knew it would be quite an old version because the kit contained a video, not DVD, but I decided this was OK, as I wouldn’t be using these products on real people.
 I quickly made a video showing what you get in the box, but bear in mind if you purchase one it is likely to look quite different, although the products will be the same. 
The box the items came in had been stored in some ones garage and so was a little damp and damaged, so I decided to compact it all into a storage box. I decided to use my GHD box for this, as it was just sat on top of my wardrobe empty, and looks much more presentable.
 In the future, if I decide I want feedback and further support I can buy an assessment pack from Essential Nails, which will give me certification and assessment, as well as unlimited telephone support. I haven’t decided whether to go down this route or not yet, but of course I will keep you updated.
I am going to have my first attempt at acrylics this weekend, cant wait to try it out!
Have you ever tried doing your own acrylics? I would love to hear your experiences.
K x

No comments: